MOLD FACT SHEETS
When it comes to fungi, molds are the most popular type of fungi found around man. Molds grow on any substance so long as there are conditions that will favour its growth. These conditions include oxygen and moisture. Molds have a special way of reproduction. This is called spore formation. These spore have the resistance to drying up. They resist a very high temperature without drying or becoming destroyed. They become air contaminant being present both indoors and outdoors. When these spores fall on any surface with good conditions to reproduce, they eventually begin to grow on that surface. People at Risk of Mold
Infants, children and the elderly people are at risk of contracting diseases from mold. Some other group of people who are at risk of mold are those who have compromised health issues. These include;
- Those who have allergies, asthma or a long term lung disease.
- Immunosuppressed individuals
- Patients who recently underwent bone marrow transplant.
- Patients who are on medications like chemotherapy or long term steroid treatment.
Mold can be recognised by sight and smell. By sight, it usually appears like a woolly mat with colour. Mildew has black colour. The small of mold is usually like an earthy smell with foul odour. Health Effects of Mold
To individuals who are very sensitive to molds, it causes a serious health problem to them. The health challenges that are observed with people who are allergic to mold include runny nose, eye irritation, sneezing, increased asthma symptoms, skin irritation, cough and sneezing. Preventing the growth of mold
The key factors to the growth of molds are moisture and oxygen. If these two factors can be eliminated, molds can be prevented from growing. The following can be done to mold from growing.
General tips to be observed
- Use wet-dry vacuum to eliminate moisture from the building.
- Also use fans to help in drying.
- Wet materials in the house should be cleaned regularly.
- Every material already contaminated should be discarded.
- Any material that is porous and wet for about 48hours should be thrown away.
- Ensure a good working environment which is well ventilated.
- Discard every materials damaged by mold inside a plastic bag.
- Clean materials with soap and water and make sure they are complete.
Molds and other microorganisms do not go unhurt with the use of Airbiotics StaBiotics Mist. The device infuses indoor air with the SarBiotics(stabilizing protiotics), creating a protective layer of good bacteria in the surrounding of the office or house. To ensure a safe environment, buy the probiotics revolution of the Airbiotics. The cleanser helps to filter and destroy bacteria and fungi. No one else offers this device except Airbiotics because StaBiotics, a naturally existing environmental probiotics was first manufactured by Airbiotics. This is why he has the certificate to sell this product alone. Other chemical cleansers and filters destroys the good bacteria in the air but StaBiotics protects and enriches the air with good bacteria.